Friday, April 9, 2021

Take a Peak and Finding Red

Just a quick heads up about my pattern shop.  There was a user error on my part.  I put the wrong ending date.  The error has been corrected.  If you placed an order over the last couple of days you will receive a 40% refund.  

Now that we have that out of the way here's a peak at my newest quilt pattern being quilted.  It will be a couple of weeks before this one will be released in my shop.  The quilting is about half ruler work and half free motion.  Light and airy quilting, no quilting it to death.  Although, it would be the perfect quilt for tons of quilting with the large amount of wide open space in the background.


While waiting for the patterns for this quilt I'm taking a little time each day to look for bolts of backing fabric.   As you all know I'm a big fan of the color red.  It seems that my favorite shade of crayon red is not being made much anymore.   Most of the new lines have red but they are not so bright.  They look more raspberry or cranberry.  This makes online buying a no go.  Out of my last 4 online purchases only one was the crayon red.   Online photos can be very misleading.  All devices can show the colors differently.  When I look at them on my phone they look perfect.  On my computer they look muted.  So this means I will need to hold the fabric in my hands before purchasing any more reds.  Yellow has also been an issue.  They are leaning more towards an autumn yellow which has a bit more brown in them.

A couple of years ago I order some fabric swatches from a fabric distributor called Choice.  They have a couple basic lines of fabric that might be just what I need.  I've order from them in the past and it's good quilt shop quality fabric.  They are known for selling discontinued fabrics at very reasonable prices to quilt shops.  Below is the their line of basics called Treasures From The Attic.



They also have their own line of  Supreme Solids.  Look how well the Poppy Red matches my favorite piece of Lakehouse Drygoods!  We have a winner!  I can't tell you how tickled I am to find a bright red.  Maybe a new pattern for a red and white quilt will be in the near future.








Did you know I'm an April Fool's baby?  Yep that's right.  My birthday day is April 1.  So I decided to have a my biggest sale of the year to celebrate my birthday.  
40% OFF  
No joke!  This is a great time to stock up.  I may have other sales throughout the year but none this large. No code needed the prices are reduced in shop.














Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I don't like to buy fabrics on line either. I hear too many people complain the fabric isn't the shade they wanted, especially white fabric that has a yellow tinge! I look forward to viewing the red & white quilt, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I will never buy fabric on line again for a specific project . Well not as long as I have 2 quilt shops nearby.�� Would love to know how u keep that grid so straight!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...