Sunday, February 26, 2012

While we're on the subject of vintage

I've had a busy week, helping a friend with a quilt, quilt quild meeting and a day out with momma.    Moms had some health issues in the last few years so I try to spend as much time as I can with her.  But anyway while visiting with her I asked her if I could barrow a quilt that I made for her a while back.  She had started it back in 1987 when I was pregnant with my daughter.  And you guessed it she never finished.  When she gave it to me in 2009 it looked like this. 


It wasn't doing much for my creative mind.  Played around with the idea of just adding applique but it just didn't suit me.  So  I took it apart and started collecting scraps of fabric that I thought would complement her blocks.



And the final product!  I love this quilt and so does she!




Pin It

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...