Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Mammas got a brand new bag!

Isn't she cute!  A couple of years ago I made a tutorial for the Quiltingboard.com   The tute was a much simpler version of this bag but if you need a quicky here's a link  http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/simple-quick-tote-tute-t80833.html
I added a zipper and two front pocket.   And its quilted patchwork instead of just fused fabric.  No pockets on the inside because it's for me and I don't use them so why have them!  Toss and go that's me!  If it were for a customer they have the option of interior pockets.


See the little eye hole in the zipper?  Would you believe that I some how managed to sew it to the bag!  How in the world that was done without breaking a needle is beyond me!   No I didn't get a picture, I should have, it was unbelievable! 
 It took almost half of a charm pack and some plaid from my stash.  The plaid is Lynn inspired.  That gal can do wonders with a little bit of plaid.
The charm pack used ( I love) was one that I won from http://fabricseeds.blogspot.com/  Oh I could have made a table runner or a small throw.  Maybe add from my stash and make something a little bigger.  But then it's one more thing added to the needs to be quilted pile.  I've still enough fabric left for another bag and possibly a wallet!

                                      
Until next time "Quilt out of your Comfort Zone!"

Lea
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Cool tutorial. I will definitely attempt to make it sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...