Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Amour Cerise or Amour De Cerise?~ UFO Quilt #5 2023

Hello Quilting friends!  Today I'm excited to share my Amour Cerise(Cherry Love) quilt.

Quilted, bound, washed and ready to be stored away until Valentines Day next year. 


The quilting was kept somewhat simple. Lots of stitch in the ditch and free motion feathers. 


The applique is fusible raw edge with 100 wt. thread to hold it into place.


The large crosshatching is spaced every 2 inches and was marked 100% before putting it on the quilting frame.



 I decided to see if I could find some of this fabric for sale online.  There was no plan to purchase it, I was just curious to see if it was still out there.  I thought this line of fabric was called Amour Cerise.  When I Googled Amour Cerise by Moda there was no such thing but I did find the real name of this line is L'Amour or translated LOVE.   Now how did I come up the name Amour De Cerise?  I have no idea what was going on in my head way back then.  But I decided I should recheck my my translation, it could be wrong too.


I'm so confused when it comes to the online translator.  Take a look.  It hurts my brain and I'll leave it at that.



So now I'm faced with the label issue.  Take a look at this...I misspelled Cerise!  UGGG!  It would have been nice to have noticed this BEFORE stitching it into place.  Fiddlesticks!  If I leave it as is, this quilt will survive for 1000 years and with my name in big bold letters after the misspelled word.  How tacky would it be to cross out the H with a marker?...HAHA!  Okay....I'll make a new label, remove the DE and correct my spelling...just not today.  This is going into the needs a label stack of quilts.


Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!




Here's a video I made about this quilt for Facebook.  It contains a little more information about the quilt.

                  Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Your quilt is really gorgeous! And though you call the quilting simple, it is also perfect to enhance your piecing and applique. Your label debacle is one of those silly things we all do. Dealing with it another day is what I would do also. Thanks for sharing this wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful! I've also spelled wrong on quilt labels and have had to make a new label. That's just life! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is just stunning, Lea Anne, and you and I are Kindred Spirits of the Misspelled Quilt Labels!! I once misspelled the name of my own city on a quilt, but it was way worse than what you did because I spelled "Charlotte, NC" with only one T, and since it was a baby quilt with Minky backing I had machine embroidered the label information near the bottom edge of the FRONT of the quilt, something like "Stitched With Love by Aunt Rebecca, Charlote NC 2006" or whatever near the binding. And to make matters worse, the mom of this baby is a college professor!! I had to use my regular sewing machine to squeeze in an extra "T" with two lines of satin stitching in the same thread. It didn't look perfect but I couldn't leave it the way it was. Hey, I am interested in which 100 wt thread you used to stitch the appliqué. Wonderfil, MicroQuilter, or something else? It didn't look like monofilament?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really beautiful quilt! I love how it is sweet and romantic without screaming Valentines. Sorry to hear about the misspelling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...