One down and 2 more to go...maybe more. Even though the quilting isn't coming along as quickly as planned, I'm still pretty pleased with the progress. The binding is attached and ready to be hand sewn to the back. I'm going to wait and do all the binding handwork in one huge hand stitching marathon.
Prepping for the next quilt top was a little more involved than the first one. But necessary in order to make things a quick as possible. Feathers are a really quick way to fill a border. However I didn't want every quilt to have the same feathers. So on this one I decided to make a curvier spline on the feathers. A first for me. Drafting them first on paper was a must. This gives me practice on feather placement. To keep things quick I chose a circle template that proportionally looked good to me. Then whatever happens...happens. Well what happened is the template will not evenly fit in the border. So the feathers will start in the corners and end in the middle of the quilt sides instead of being one long continuous feather all the way around the quilt.
On the short border side the feathers end up at the center mark pointing in towards the center of the quilt.
( Pardon the bad pictures, I'm quickly doing everything)
And then on the long sides they will point out in the center. It's not ideal but it's QUICK and I'm learning a new feather all at the same time.
Now for a few quick markings in the blocks an this one should be loaded on the frame before noon.
Linking up today with
~ Lea Anne ~