Friday, January 30, 2015

Enough for one more...

After making a lap quilt and a table topper, there's enough scraps left for one more small project from the Moda L'Amour charm pack.  Here's a sneak peak at the last little cutie.    Do you keep making projects until all the scraps are gone from the original project or do stash them away?  This is a first for me.  Maybe I should do this more often.   It's a great way to keep those scrap bins under control.


The Miss Kate quilt is coming along.  After two cups of coffee, an eye crossing quilt staring session and making a huge mess pulling fabrics for a border, I think this quilt will be fine without a border but with a colorful binding.  Now comes the hard part of stitching down all the applique. Sounds like an all day job and a lot of coffee!  
Guess what?  there's scraps...I see another Miss Kate project in the near future.
The designing wheels are already turning.  Maybe this applique can wait.


~ Lea Anne ~

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Oh.. your heart is so sweet. Can't wait to see the whole quilt. And your big quilt is gorgeous! Sometimes I keep playing with scraps and sometimes I put them away. It depends on what quilt is swirling around in my head to make next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE the ric rak heart flower!!! ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Miss Kate quilt is beautiful and I love your idea of continuing to use the scraps until they are gone! I've been seriously trying to reign in my fabric purchases and not purchase just for stash...it's amazing how much is still accumulated just by the scraps left over from actual projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea Anne - whoop Whoop for you getting the Miss Kate top competed! It will look great with no border - I agree. Love that charming little ric-rac trimmed heart flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The heart is so adorable - right now I mostly just stash scraps/leftovers away. Every once in a while, I have a great time playing in them. When I have my UFO backup under better control, I'll be able to indulge in some really terrific scrappy quilt making! LOVE your Miss Kate. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Miss Kate quilt. Unless the scraps are going on the back, they tend to get tossed into the scrap bin.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...