Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Little Shady

Finding just the right scrap white for my Hummingbird blocks has become a test of will.  They are such small pieces of white that cutting into the white yardage just doesn't seem right.  So let the digging begin.
UGGG!  It's a shameful site.  These are my two boxes of rarely used scraps. Literally exploding out of the box.  The only way to get them to close is to sit on the lids.  Not going to win any quilty organization awards anytime soon.  On the positive side of things I did find some bright scraps that could be put in my other scrap stash that I use more often.  And I might just have enough white-white for this current project.  White-White?  I've found that snow white is more like coffee creamer, white has a touch of gray, like a piece of paper.  And then there's the white that looks like it's been dipped in dingy dishwater.  All are very pretty when by themselves but when you put them side by side the color difference is very noticeable.  If needed I'll use the dingier whites to avoid making more white scraps.
 So here's my pile of white-white and a binding that I've lost twice.  Hopefully the binding will work for this quilt. 
Speaking of white it's snowing here right now!  What!  The weatherman said this is the fist April in 13 yrs that it has snowed and stuck to the ground.  
Today is also Linky Tueday over at Freemotionbytheriver.  Head on over and link up or just enjoy!

~ Lea Anne ~

Today's freebie is an Appliqued Raindrop pillow tutorial by Ashley at Make it and Love it Blog.
http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2014/04/raindrop-pillow-tutorial-a-great-project-for-spring.html#respond


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I am always amazed at how many shades of white there are x ... who organises their fabric anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes white varies so much as does black and navy, fingers crossed you find enough of the same shade for these blocks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about white scraps being different. I try and be very careful when working with a quilt and keeping just that white with it! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...