Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Heart Pops ~ My Sew Quilty Life

🎶Sweeter than candy on a stick🍭....Huckleberry, cherry or lime.  If you had a choice he'd be your pick.  But Lollipop is mine....Lollipop, Lollipop oh lolli lolli lolli 🎶 
I know most of you are singing along with me.  

Take a look at this little sweetie called Heart Pops.  Sweeter than candy on a stick!  Designed by Heather of My Sew Quilty Life .  The pattern just hit the market this passed Saturday.  She had been sending out social media teasers everyday for the last week.  By the time Saturday finally got here I was about to bust.  Right out of bed on Saturday morning I was on her website ready to grab a copy.


It wasn't hard to find the perfect fabrics because Lollipops can be any color even chocolatey brown.  I'm going to stick with the brighter colors from my cutting table scrap basket.   


The only fabric in this block that isn't from my scraps is the background. That's a Christopher Thompson for Riley Blake called Blossoms.  I only have a yard of it but I can get more should I decide to keep the background consistent.


I'm still playing around with ideas and as you all know when that happens it's hard to tell where things might go.  This block may be a test block destined to become a pillow or wall hanging.  Tomorrow is my go into town day so the chances of me stopping for a quick fabric haul is pretty likely.  You just never know what I might find.


Well enough about me and my quilt, take a look at Heathers little cutie.  That pink background makes the quilt extra sweet.


This pattern is very well written and has several different project ideas for using more Pops or fewer Pops.   There's also a coloring page to help audition your favorite color pallet.  The PDF pattern can be found here.  And the mailed paper pattern here.


So who is My Sew Quilty Life Heather Briggs? Well here she is and if you would like to know more about Heather click here to go to the My Sew Quilty Life website where you can read more about her and  listen to an interview she did with American Patchwork and Quilting.  


While you're there make sure to take a look in her pattern shop.  Oh my goodness y'all, I want them all!  This one is called Rosewood.  Isn't it just the cutest?  If you're like me and fell instantly in love with this pattern here's a link to the PDF pattern.  If you prefer a mailed copy click here.


Get ready to OOOH and AWE.  Here's a few more of her flowery patterns.  While flowers seem to be her love she also has fall and Christmas patterns. I promise they are cute too.  Click here to visit her shop.


If you're a young whippersnapper and have no clue what the song is I referenced above click on the video below.  If your a little older like me I'm sure you'd like to take a walk down memory lane.  To be honest this song is before my time but my dad made sure I knew all the old classics.  Great original video all except the lyrics on the screen which I believe they got a few wrong.


Until next time....

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Lollipops is a very cute pattern, so you! All of Heather's patterns are nice. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...