Monday, January 16, 2023

Moda Charm Pack Challenge 2023

When Moda announced the 2023 Charm Pack Challenge a few weeks ago I had no intentions of joining the challenge.   But here we are, no excuses, it is what is.   The Garden Variety charm pack and coordinating fabrics were part of a Sew Sampler box by Fat Quarter shop.  There's enough fabric for the background and a border. Perfect! I should be able to complete this by suppertime.


I used EQ8 to help with laying out the colors.


Everything sorted and labeled.  Let's get the pedal to the metal!


It feels so good to be sewing instead of quilting at the frame. Yes, this was just what I needed.  A little break to recharge.


Within an hour all the half square triangles were made, trimmed and on the design wall.  Let's get this girl together!


Everything was going along great until this happened.  Have you ever seen such a horrible crash?  Yep, I was sewing over the pins.  Normally my machine will stop and alarm out when I hit a pin.  The super fine pins I use will bend but the needle usually does not.  And would you look at that, the tip is completely gone.  OH DEAR! 


The sewing party came to a screeching halt so I could look for the needle tip inside my machine.  No tip was found but would you look at all the black lint from my Christmas quilting blitz.  Really that's not too bad for not cleaning after making (4) 90 x 90 black quilts.  Yep, black...way out of my comfort zone.  I'll share those sometime in the next couple of weeks.   


After the crash and a little sewing machine maintenance, my little Moda Love quilt top is complete.  She'll be put on the top of the pile of UFO's to be quilted.


There were a few charms squares leftover.  I think I'll use these in the backing along with these two orange half yards of Blossom by Christopher Thompson for Riley Blake.  You can find the free pattern for this little quilt by clicking here.


Now it's time to get back to the quilting frame to quilt up the last of the Christmas Blitz quilts.  

See you tomorrow with a cute little project I started on Saturday.

Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!



Linking up over at Small Quilts and Dolls for Design Wall Monday.

 

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I hit a pin yesterday and it broke in 4 pieces. The noise was awful! I was mitering a corner on a border and think the pin must have been under the fabric. I gave my machine some TLC too. Hopefully it will forgive me. Your little quilt looks great. How satisfying to finish a project in a day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your use of those fabrics. I think my things from that particular sampler box are still in a drawer. LOL I broke a needle about 2 weeks ago, sewing over a thick spot while making a bag. Luckily the broken off tip of the needle stayed on the thread so it didn't get lost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little quit is very cute, the fabrics are so pretty! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lee Anne,
    Boy, I’ve never seen a needle break that bad! I bet the sound was shocking too. Thanks for joining our linky party. The free pattern is a winner, and your quilt turned out very pretty. Perfect for a “Podunk Pretties” post. Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...