Thursday, December 28, 2023

Frosty's Forest Quilt Finish

Hello Quilty Friends!   I finished this quilt on December 15th but I haven't had time to take pictures and write a blog post.

In an earlier blog post I mentioned how I searched high and low for the quilt pattern because I didn't want to waste time doing quilty math.  But I came up with nothing so I did the quilty math.  On the last of quilting this monster, I took a break, went to Pinterest to search for cookie recipes and what popped up on my home feed?  Yep this quilt!  The designer is Stash Bandit.  It was designed for Quilt Maker Magazine several years ago.  Funny thing... I named my quilt Frosty's Forest, made the label, attached it to the backing before I quilted the quilt.  Then after it's quilted, I find out she named her quilt Frosted Forest!

I'm not sure if my quilt is exactly like her quilt but it's pretty darn close.  My quilt has an on-point setting and finishes at about 94 x 97. 


 Her quilt looks a tad bigger, don't you think?


The quilting on mine was kept simple so I could finish it quickly. Lots of free motion because it's faster than ruler work.


Of course there's always a little ruler work in the ditch and I used rulers in the borders.


The backing fabric on this quilt makes me so happy.  I only wish I could have gotten more of this fabric to make a couple of pillow shams.  Maybe next year Joann's will reprint this Christmas plaid.  Wishful thinking.  










Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Frosty Forest is beautiful! I bet she felt good to sleep under also. Happy stitching in 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this quilt!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your fabric on line at Joann Fabrics. And it's on sale! https://www.joann.com/susan-winget-green-plaid-christmas-cotton-fabric/17329194.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you for looking. I don't buy from Joann's online. They are really bad about sending several cuts to make the yardage requested.

      Delete
  4. A very pretty quilt, and of course you'd find a pattern after you have done the math and finished the quilt - it's like a Murphy's Law, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, your creations are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful 'Forest' quilt -- so Christmas-y! PattiK

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did a quilt similar to yours YEARS ago when I did a quilt cruise. Edyta was one of the teachers and that was what she taught. I didn't think I'd ever finish it but Edyta encouraged everyone to finish as she would choose one finished to quilt herself. I got it done but I wasn't the chosen recipient of Edyta's quilting but it did get done and I love it. Love your colors AND the backing. Now I'm gonna hafta run down to Joann's tomorrow to see if they might still have some..HA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is beautiful and I am happy that you got it done before Christmas! Kaye Mattson

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...