Sunday, December 31, 2023

2023 Finishes ~ I'm Shocked!

 Hello Quilting Friends!  Grab a cup of whatever and pull up a chair and we'll take a quick look at all the 2023 finishes from my little spot in Podunk.  


 The first 10 pictured are  UFO's.  They are in the order they were finished but there were other finished projects in between some of these.  


I had hoped to finish more UFO's but the rest of this post will explain why I only finished 10.


Somewhere in the early part of the year I decided to make a small gingham quilt for every month of the year.  Each month would be a different color.  They are quick and easy so there would still be plenty of time to finish up UFO's as well.  HAHA!  Setting goals and plans is easy, sticking to them...not so much.


As you can see that plan fell by the wayside.  I only finished six gingham quilts.  As I write this post I'm thinking maybe this coming year I could make six more.  But don't hold your breath because like I said earlier, goals and plans are easy to make but...SQUIRRELL!


Somewhere around mid year I got the crazy idea to rearrange and clean my studio.  Rearranging the studio meant emptying my fabric cabinets.  Emptying the cabinets sent me down the rabbit hole of sorting fabrics into three categories...

 Loved
 Unloved 
and I don't love it but I can keep it  

I considered donating the unloved fabric until I ran across my huge stash of batting scraps. 


Quilts 17 - 23 are made from the unloved fabric and franken-batting.  They are charity quilts for homeless woman with children.


24 -27 Halloween quilts for my daughter and grandkids because while cleaning I found a bunch of Halloween prints I had been collecting for the grandkids quilts.


28 was a quilt for my ex-husband in memory of our son Trever who died in an accident in October 2022.
29 is a camping quilt for Mr. Podunk.
30 a last minute Christmas quilt for my spare bedroom.
31 was me playing around with a Bonnie Hunter quilt pattern. I thought the block was cute but didn't want to make the entire quilt.


32 and 33 Pillows for the grandkids.
34 a pillow for me designed by Corey Yoder as a free quilt block on her YouTube channel.
35.  I'm a slob in the kitchen and needed an apron.


36 is bowl cozies for Mr. Podunk.


Wow!  I'm was shocked to see I had accomplished so much in one year.   So how about you?  Did you meet all your quilty goals for 2023?










Pin It

3 comments:

  1. All of your finishes are so nice! You've had a busy and productive year, happy stitching in 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive! I look forward to all of your posts in 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly believe you did not love the Kaffe fabric but, the quilt is so pretty in just plain ole squares. It was very kind of you to make your son's father a quilt. So very sorry for your loss I know it hurts every day as I lost my daughter in June, 2022. You are an inspiration for me to get a few things done this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...