Saturday, December 30, 2023

Sweet Scrappy HST's

 Hi Friends!  This week I took a little time to wrap up a few loose ends in the studio.  That's a nice way of saying I'm a messy quilter and needed to clean up my mess.


After sorting and organizing the many baskets of scrap fabrics from this years projects I decided it was a good time to sort through these small bins that hold the scrap triangles needing to be made into HST's.  These triangles are from flippy corner cut offs and binding cut offs.  


Sorting them by size and color made piecing them go pretty fast.


I didn't end up with as many as I thought.  I ran out of the larger light fabrics to match up with a dark fabric.  I could cut some white triangles from scraps of white fabric but I prefer they be made organically in the quilting process.  Which means the leftovers triangles can wait until my quilting makes more large white triangles.


I've probably shared this before but I share it again anyway.  Not all my triangles are triangles, as you can see below.  I'll save and use any odd shape.


No reason to cut it into a triangle before sewing.  Just sew a straight line, press and trim. 


My homemade locking HST ruler made the squaring up process much faster.


There was a few more HST's needing to be squared up.  These were from the last few projects.


I ended up with several different sizes of HST's to be added to the stash.


The HST's stash just keeps growing!  Someday I need to start using them.

But that day is not anytime soon.  Back in the storage bins they must go.  Out of sight and out of mind.  













Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...