Friday, April 12, 2013

I'm Hueless

Totally Hueless!  These have been so fun to put together.  No worry about color, just grab and fuse.  Now to get them stitched down.   Years ago I made a couple of these types of quilts.    They can be quite hard to display and use because they match nothing!  Its frugalness at it's finest!  The background fabric is a flimsy cheap shirting fabric from who knows when.  It's another one of my estate sale cheapy.  The rest of the quilt is all scraps, less than a fat quarter of the fabric.  Its funny how I know where each fabric came.  They range from top of the line LQS fabric, WalMart fabric, vintage and nothing matches.  I think modern quilters call it IMPROV quilting....LOL...I call it Scrap Happy quilting...












Totally love the flower above!  The vintage Calico reminds me of being a kid.  
Until next time "Quilt out of your Comfort Zone!"
Lea
Pin It

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...