Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring Fever

Hi-diddalee-O quilters!  Isn't it a lovely spring morning!  The air here is so clean and crisp, the birds are serenading their sweeties.  I've opened all the windows this morning to let it all in, makes me want to do some spring cleaning...well not really, it lets me know I need to!  Who really WANTS to clean?  My girlfriend Sherry loves to clean, everyday, all day, top to bottom!  You can't even set down and enjoy conversation and a cup of coffee, as soon as you finish your coffee she swoops up the cup and washes, dries and puts it away.  Well it's her "thang" we all have them I suppose.   

So yesterday I showed you my new quilt design.  I bet you're thinking that I never finish one till I've another started.  But everything that I've worked on this year (other than gifts or commissioned work) has been UFO's.  I'd like to have them all done by the start of 2014.  Anyway after taking my daily walk around the property yesterday and seeing the signs of spring....

A weed(dandelion) still pretty though
Peonies are starting to come up
 I came up with a plan to put flowers, tons of flowers on this quilt.  There will be no matchy-matchy.  The flowers were basics from EQ6.  The borders are still in question.  Seems I've a real issue with borders, meaning I can never decide how to finish.
One last picture, my new Obelisk.(My sweetie Ross made it)  Its covering the well pump that sticks up in the most silly place.  So the Obelisk is basically a cover and a flag so we don't hit the well pump when backing out of the garage, or when the snow piles up over it.  Once it weathers and a vine gets established I think it'll be quite pretty.  For those of you who live in the city, the well pump is the electrical thing that actually pumps the water from the well to the house, so no we don't have a hand pump.  Normally this is hidden somewhere on the property, but the fella who built this house many years ago obviously was a utilitarian kinda guy.   That's the nicest thing I can say about that, because originally it was smack dab in the middle of the drive hidden underground(a no-no).  When the pump went out and a new one replaced, the driveway was moved and the pump put above ground so we could find it if it ever went out again.
Well I hope you day is sunny and bright, until next time 
"Quilt out of your Comfort Zone!"
Lea


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I have a sister-in-law like that! she is a lovely person... just wants to CLEAN all the time! I dont understand it! I try to get her to do mine ... she wont! BAD relation xx lol xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...