Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Scraplique

Between housework and putting up the trim in the spare bedroom I managed to get 2 scrappy blocks finished.  This technique of not really caring if it matches or not is great!  It makes me cringe to remember how many little pieces of fabric I threw away when I first started quilting. 
 Of course I chose a quick method of applique, fusible machine applique.  Makes thing just so easy!  And with Invisafil 100 wt thread the stitching doesn't take over the block.  

Now I save everything.  Probably pieces that I should toss out.  These will go in the baggy of bits and pieces.  Does a woodworker save sawdust?  Or a mechanic broken parts?  
I also wanted to share with you a free BOM pattern that I found via Pinterest.
Its in dutch and english.  If you get to looking around this site there's many free patterns.  Just go here and scroll down a little bit and you'll find a link to each part of the quilt.  This BOM just finished up this month.  Isn't it cute!?
Here's a picture I stole from the blog...Yummy!
Until next time "Quilt out of your Comfort Zone!"
Lea



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Your work is so wonderful. I love the flowers.
    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. All comments made come to me as an e-mail. I try to respond to all comments. If you ask a question and do not get an email response, this means I can't respond to you via email due to one of the settings on your device or account. So, I can only answer your question in the comment section with your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...