Friday, February 12, 2021

On the Wall and On the Frame

Oh Happy Day!  The Sugar and Spice blocks are complete and on the design wall.  I can't tell you how happy it made me to walk into the studio this morning and see staring back at me.  


The dresden blocks still need to be trimmed to size.  That's going to take a little quilters magic to accomplish since the  yo-yo's will not allow me to lay a ruler on top.  But I know how to get around this little obstacle.


Look at all the white space.  My goodness what fun I could have quilting this girl.  Feathers, feathers and more feathers.  Do I go hog wild or lean on the side of lightly quilted?  Ideas are already flowing in.  Finishing this one is at the top of my list.  I can't wait to put her on display. I may need to redecorate the spare bedroom to accommodate this quilt.


Right now the spare bedroom décor is blue and yellow.  With everything in the room being white or almost white, it's easy to redecorate.  No need to paint, just remove and replace the items with color.  A few knick-knacks, curtains and quilts is and the transformation will be complete.  I'm sure as soon as I finish the blue and yellow leaders and enders quilt below, I'll be wanting to change it back so I can display this one.  It'll be awhile before this one is complete.  My quilter instinct is wanting to finish it quickly but I'm trying to stay true to the leaders and enders process.  And let me tell you it's not easy.


But there's plenty to keep my mind off of the blue quilt.  The batting order finally arrived on Wednesday.  Two day shipping is a great thing.  Ordered on Thursday evening and it arrived Wednesday afternoon.  That's two day shipping.  Maybe they meant it'll take two days to get it out the door.  I really don't have an issue with longer shipping times.  The world is crazy out there.  Things in Podunk are pretty much the same as they have always been.  Not much has changed in the last year other than when I go into town I need to remember to put on a mask.


So I'm charged up and ready to tackle each of these projects today.  Which one should I work on first?  I don't know but I do know I'm going to need more coffee with so much to do. 

I learned a valuable lesson yesterday....I'm addicted to coffee.  It's no shocker to me.  I drink coffee all day.  Not as much as you would think by that statement.  On an average day 4-8 cups of coffee.  Most of the time it leans closer to eight.  But in my defense it's (8) eight ounces of coffee.  Yes it's a lot but not as much as I really want or have drank in the past.  Anyway, yesterday I was out of my natural sweetener of choice.  Black coffee is yukky.  I tried making weak coffee without sweetener....yuk.  If I had some real cream I might be able to tolerate it, but no cream in the house because I'm giving up cream. So drank very little coffee, not even 2 cups.  I didn't feel bad or anxious from lack of coffee.  The feeling was more of a foggy feeling with no energy.  


Around 2pm(after my 2 hour nap) my best quilting buddy called, we chatted about 15 minutes and she said "what's wrong with you today?  You're not your normal happy self."  Sigh...Hi my name is Lea Anne and I'm a coffee addict.  

When Mr. Podunk came home I told him of my foggy day and being the great guy he is he took me into town  so I could get what I needed to feed my addiction.  Normally I would have gone into town myself earlier in the day.  But the roads our here were ice and snow covered.  My car has this crazy feature called anti-skid.  Which means if it thinks your skidding and out of control it shuts off your brakes.

 Pardon my language but What the HELL!  How does giving me less control make make the situation better?  I almost went in a ditch last week when I hit an icy patch.  I slid out of the icy patch onto dry pavement but by that point the anti-skid had disengaged my brakes and I'm going down hill and need to make a turn or I'm going into a ditch.  To reset the cars brakes I need to come to a complete stop, put it in park, pump the brakes.  Well coffee is not worth all that nonsense.  I'll deal with being foggy headed.

All is well and right with the world again today.  Plenty of sweet coffee and plenty of sunshine in the studio.


Before I leave I have a little video sneak peak at a new notion.  I haven't tested it yet but I will soon.






Quilt pattern for image above is free on the Pam Kitty blog.  Look for a coffee cup quilt block in the side bar, click on it for the free pattern.  http://pamkittymorning.blogspot.com/




Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Binding wheel??! Hope it is that would be awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LeaAnne, the Dresden Plate quilt top is absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE it. Need to add this one to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lea Anne, every quilt you make is a stunner. I love looking back at your old blog posts and seeing my favorites. They're all so pretty!

    Don't let anyone shame you about the coffee. I've had low blood pressure all my life, and if it weren't for coffee, I'd take several naps a day. I could likely cut back, and I don't need as much as I used to, but right now, it's medicinal. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why that quilt made you happy when you walked into your studio!! Love it! I totally get it about coffee! I usually have about 6-8 cups a day, occasionally more, just because I love coffee!! If I didn't I would probably have a major headache for a while! Glad your batting arrived so you can have fun quilting your beautiful tops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I couldn't figure out what that thing was :)
    Love your quilts. They are amazing.
    I love coffee. I don't drink as much as I'd like because I get the jitters really badly and I don't like de-caf. We grind our beans so we use some de-caf with regular. That allows me to drink more and grinding makes the flavor awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to drink that much coffee, but then my body said no more. But if I don't get my usual 2 cups in the morning, I will get a great whacking headache in the back of my head and neck.

    I'm guessing the new tool is a binding roller/dispenser. By the same company that makes the 3-d printed used rotary cutter blade holder maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  7. holds binding... at first glance I thought it was some coffee grinder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lea Anne! These two quilts are gorgeous!!

    I love coffee but try and limit myself to 2 cups a day, lightly sweetened almond milk. Black, bleck! I could never do black unless it was Turkish coffee which is highly sweetened. The link for the coffee wallhanging is adorable, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That binding wheel looks really cool.

    I think I would complain to the car company about the brakes. That sounds really ridiculous feature. How can you bring the car to a stop if they have disengaged the brakes. That is insane logic. Disengage the brakes but oh yeah the only way to reset them it so come to a stop. Do they explain how to do that without brakes?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...