Monday, April 10, 2023

A Day In The Garden

 Hey Quilty Friends!  Yesterday was a quilting bust.  I didn't even step foot into the Studio.  The morning was spent relaxing (surfing the internet).  Then as soon as it was warm enough to get outside it was time to start working in the garden.


This week I'll be moving a mound of gardening soil that has been sitting under this tarp all winter.  Mr. Podunk will not be helping due to a recent lower back issue.  


Since I don't have his man muscles I've rigged up a hillbilly wheel barrel.  Moving the pile of dirt a 5 gallon bucket at a time will take a little longer but it's the best I can do without man muscles and a real wheel barrel.


The tubs you see below also need to be moved from one side of the garden to the other.  They are full of dirt so I'll use the same method in picture above to move them.  Hopefully it will work without having to take the dirt out of each container.


The gardening project may take a few days to complete.  Thankfully it's supposed to be sunny and warm all week.  However, I won't be spending all day in the garden.  I think four or five hours a day is plenty for this ole girl who needs a little quilting time too.  


Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!




Pin It

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Love the "hillbilly" wheel barrel. Smart thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to love wking a garden, planting one...I love dirt and outdoors!!! I always did yard work too!!! I'm a country girl for sure. Dont hurt yrself dear.i can't do these things now w RA fibro...but my therapy too is sewing , piecing....it helps me so much. Can't wait to see yr garden growing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...