Sunday, April 9, 2023

The Tip Jar

Hello Quilting Friends and Happy Easter to my Favorite Peeps! Do you have big family plans for the day?

We don't typically have family gatherings on Easter.  The grandkids live out of state and the rest of us are happy with getting together a little later in the month.  Today I'll be working outside in the garden for a bit an then it's back to the Studio.  As you saw in the last post there's plenty to keep me busy.


The bags of HST's have become an obsession.  Bags 22 and 23 have been my favorite so far.  So many pretty fabrics in these two bags....Pam Kitty, Lori Holt, Bonnie and Camille.


Not all the HST's are actually HST's as you can see below.  Many of these HST's to be squared up are scraps that I couldn't bare to toss out.  Some are triangles and some are odd shapes that I thought could be made into HST's.  Here's the before...


...and here's after they are trimmed into HST's.  I'll even include a little selvage in the finished pieces, as long as it ends up on the seam allowance I don't care.  And look I made more scraps to add to the Tip Jar.


The Tip Jar sits beside my sewing table.  It's a pickle bologna jar.   Yes, that's a real thing and yes we eat pickle bologna. I don't eat as much as I used to but once or twice a year I'll have a little when visiting dad.  Anyway, all the little scraps that I think can be made into HST's are tossed in the jar.  They are sewn together using the leaders and enders method.  The new scraps will be used in the next day or two when I finish piecing the scrappy pink quilt backing.


Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!




  Yesterdays 200  HST's squared up
 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...