Sunday, April 16, 2023

The Sound of Silence

 Spring is in the air here in Podunk.  And what better way to start the day than with a hot cup of decaf on the back porch.  Me and Khaleesi like to watch the sunrise out here, weather permitting.  On the really cold days I watch from inside.


Watching the sunrise is therapeutic. Letting the sun into your eyes helps to set our circadian rhythm.  I could go into a deep dive talk about sunlight and blue light but we'll just keep things light today.  

This is how I was awakened yesterday.  I like to sleep with the window open year around.  In the winter it's cracked just enough to let in a little fresh air.  Don't worry our furnace is set pretty low because I can't tolerate dry heat.  I'd rather it be a little chilly in the house while cuddling under a couple of quilts.  With the window open, alarm clocks are not needed in the spring and summer.  Here's woke me up to yesterday.  If you listen closely you can also here 2 owls chatting back and forth.  One will hoot from the left side of me and then from the right.  But I love this sound of silence.  No trains, planes or automobiles, just nature and the sound of silence.


An oldie but a goodie.


Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!




Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Per your baskets quilt you shared the quilting yesterday...I can always tell that you enjoy the the hilt the quilting part of a quilt; it always shows. Beautiful quilt. Sounds of Silence - just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...