Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Quilting Chaos

 Hello Quilting Friends.  Today's post is something I'm sure some you will be able to understand.  Having multiple projects in progress and the chaos that can happen.  Thirty plus years of quilting and I still haven't learned to manage the multiple projects without being a total slob.  


Projects in the picture above
1.  Two  gingham quilts(pink and yellow) in progress.
2.  Fabric for the next gingham quilt for the month of May.  
3. Fabric for my next Lone Star quilt.
 4.  The first pattern to use up some of the HST's I've been trimming.  
5.  HST's to be trimmed.  
6. The laundry basket in floor is scrap fabrics needing to be sorted. 

Obviously I need a better project management system or a bigger Studio.  My vote is for a bigger Studio but I don't think Mr. Podunk would like me taking over the living room or building onto the house. So I guess that means I need to just keep plugging away at each in progress project.

Over the last couple of days I've been working on the HST's.  600 more HST's are squared and put away.  


My plan is to keep going on the HST's.  There's only 400 more to go and they will all be squared.


So last night I decided to just get them done.  This will take up a big chunk if not all of my afternoon.  The light at the end of the tunnel.  It's exciting to see this huge project finally getting close to the end.


The rotary cutting blades I've went through on this project is unreal.  And my poor small cutting mat is destroyed and will be replaced after these last 400 HST's are completed.


Then I'll need to count all the HST's in each bag.  I should have been keeping a tally.  Sigh...one more lesson learned...maybe.  How many HST's do you think there is total?  Each numbered bag had 100 HST's but I already had some square and not counted before bagging up the 3,500 HST's. 


Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!





Pin It

7 comments:

  1. You are in the home stretch with the HST's! Have a lovely day, hope it's warmer in your part of Indiana than it is up here in the northern part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you create with all of your trimmed HST's! I'm like you... multiple projects going on at once leads to chaos (sometimes controlled) in my Hidey Hole. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a big job done! Way to go!!,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to seeing what pattern you will use them all for! My room looked like my string bin threw up all over this weekend. I was drowning in strings, now a few of them are blocks, so I relate really well. Not to mention I have gobs of HST's stuffed in a shoe box somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to Go! Looking forward to how you use them in quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are in process of creating dear. Don't fuss over it...you know what u need to do. You w get there!!! I have no doubt!! I love yr big sewing room. I only use a corner in my bedroom....I'd love to have a sewing room. A dream for me. Don't stress ...you are on yr own time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It will be such fun to see what you're cookin up with the HSTs. Aren't we all slobs when it comes to quilting. There may be a few who can tackle and keep things always looking neat but that's sure not most of us. The fact that you can number them tells me that you're more organized than most and probably much more organized than you think. I always want more space - a big sewing/quilting studio - but that's not happening!!! LOL YOU make amazing things and that's the most important thing - right?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...