Monday, January 15, 2024

A Weekly Update ~ Sugar -N- Spice Quilt

 Hello Quilty Friends!  If plan A doesn't work, there's 25more  letters in the alphabet.  In the last week all 25 were needed...and more.  It wasn't a bad week, I could think of far worse things that could have happened.  So we'll just call it an eventful week.  The picture below is the Sugar -N- Spice quilt.  The top three borders have been finally been quilted.


I should have said they have been quilted several times.  You can see the ripped out stitches in the picture below.  The circles and arcs were suppose to line up.  I made a couple circles too small and thought it look okay.  After completing the entire top white border I stood back to admire my quilting.  YUK!  I could leave it as is, rip it all out and start over or rip out some of it.  As you can see I decided to rip out the arcs.  For now I'm happy with change and will continue to quilt the rest of the border the same.


Below is the backside of the quilt.  See that big ole pleat?  In all my 12 years of quilting on a frame I have never had this happen.  The only reason I looked under here is because my machine made a odd noise as I was quilting the inner red border.  To fix the pleat I would need to rip out quite a bit of the quilting on all three borders.  
Y'all, I ripped out the stitches on the top red border earlier in the week because I didn't like the design or thread I chose.  I'm not ripping out anymore stitches unless it's absolutely necessary. So the pleat is staying in the quilt. Sigh...it's been a week.

Other happenings last week.

  1. The needle bar shifted on my quilter.  Three hour fix.
  2. My dog has a UTI and is incontinent. She's leaking all day and night.
  3. Got a flat tire on my car while it sat in the drive.  They are brand new tires, about a month old.
  4. Car wouldn't start, something was draining the one year old battery.
  5. The handle on the microwave broke.
Well, that was my week.   A good week because I didn't pull out my hair or slap anyone, so all is well!



 


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. What a week! Hopefully next week will be easy! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention the freezing weather! Hope this week goes much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the quilt you are quilting just curious what kind of marker you use?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...