Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Getting Back To Normal

 I've put it off long enough.  It's time to un-holiday the house.  Decorating for Christmas only happens when we know we'll have guest during the holiday season.  And it's very little decorating compared to most.  This should only take 3 hours tops.   What you see here is about 2 hours after I started bringing decor in from the rest of the house and have taken down most of the decorations in this bedroom.

This bedroom is where the grandkids sleep when visiting.  The rest of the year it's pretty much a storage room and pantry.  That's why you see a small freezer in the corner of the room.


After a few hours of cleaning up the holiday mess I started down a rabbit hole #1 of organizing other areas in the house.  The first area was the closet in this room.  The closet stores my finished quilts, 3 partially quilted quilts(in the pink, yellow and white bags) a few holiday decorations, a carpet steam cleaner, pillow forms and batting scraps.  The picture below is my closet after cleaning and organizing.


The batting scraps and pillow forms are stored in vacuum sealed bags.  I love the vacuum bags for batting and pillow forms.  It condenses them down, making them easier to store.  As you can see these bags are not holding a vacuum seal anymore.  So I've tossed them onto the bed until I get new vacuum bags.   


The larger bag in the picture above is one of two that is normally stored in the studio under my cutting table. This is rabbit hole #2.  I came in here to get the bag of batting that I knew needed to be replaced and put it in the bedroom with the others.  And just like that I was cleaning and sorting the cutting table cabinet.


Before I knew I had pulled everything out from under the table.  It was a huge mess.  I was in the zone and didn't think to take pictures.  A small mess of fabric was the last thing to sort and put away.  What is it?


Do you may remember last summers cleaning and organizing of the studio?  I took down all the displayed quilts in the studio.  The walls in here are pretty much bare now.  The mess in the above picture was a fabric covered embroidery hoop I made years ago to hang a quilt on the wall.


It no longer suits my fancy and has been stored away since last summer.   So I took it apart, pressed the fabrics and will add them to the scrap bins.


What a day!  A simple plan to take down the Christmas decorations turned into an all project.  By the time Mr. Podunk came home from work I was plum tuckered out.  That's hillbilly for tired with an aching back.  It was time to shut down the studio for the day and relax.  











Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I've found when the cleaning/reorganizing bug hits, go with it! I'm always glad I did. Now you're ready to start the next project, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...