Friday, June 14, 2013

Quilt it to death!

Quilted things kinda light on the borders.  Decided that I need to make the colors pop out.  And since this will be a display quilt and not a "Come Cuddle with Me" quilt I've made some changes to my normal quilting process.   I'm  using a medium loft poly for the puffy effect.  Normally when doing this much background fill I like to use a fine thread(100 wt) for 2 reason thread build up and bobbin life.  The choice of 60 weight was a mistake, I've already used 3 bobbins of white in background fill.  
Until next time "Quilt out of Your Comfort Zone!
Lea

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...