Monday, June 24, 2013

Design Wall Day

Good Monday morning!  Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!  Just a quick reminder that it's that day of the week again.  Where I share my design wall over at  Patchwork Times.  Judy has a great blog and shares so much, patterns, cooking, canning, gardening and life in general.  Hop on over and see what she and others are gabbing about!
Here in Podunk, Saturday was spent working on my newest design.  For those of you that are new, all the applique on this quilt is made from men's shirts.  A much needed break from this quilt this week as I finish quilting my pieced cherry quilt that's on the frame.
The plan is to add Connie and her late husbands names to the center motif and the date they were married.  Maybe plaid centers on the flowers, and more smaller blocks with more birds....Hopefully while quilting on the frame this week the creative juices will fill by brain on how to finish up Connie's quilt.
What color would you put in the center of the white and yellow posies?  Maybe the buttons from the shirts?

Yesterday our power was out for 6 hours!  So the better part of this 6 hours was spent retraining my brain not to flip the light switches.  It's amazing what we take for granted.  I could go on and on about woes of trying to wind bobbins, listen to radio...It's sad but funny!  
So I straightened the fabric storage a bit and did a little reorganizing.  
The cabinets...somewhat organized now.
The baskets below previously held my long term projects, BOM's, hand work and such.  Now they will hold the fabrics and things related to the current WIP, thus keeping my cutting table clear.  
So where's the things that were in the baskets?  I shoved them in the cabinet!  See all those baggies.  It'll do for now until I can find a box or other storage.
 Until next time "Quilt out of Your Comfort Zone!"
Lea





Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Your basket and center blocks are wonderful. This is a precious project. I think buttons would work for the centers of the flowers.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt. Buttons would be perfect for the center of your flowers.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. No power in this heat, got to be rough. Well the quilt looks great

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use of her husband's shirts. Maybe the buttons could be set as flowers and then some could also be put either in the baskets or on flowers on the side borders.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...