Sunday, December 30, 2018

~ Best of 2018, Part 3 ~

For the final day of the Best of 2018 I'll be choosing posts that meant the most to me.   Notice I said important and not favorite posts.  A lot has happened over the year but there were a few key moments that stuck with me for one reason or another.  In the last 2 Best of 2018 posts I listed them in order of views or comments.  There is no possible way for me to list these in any order.  Each one is special in its own right.  

This was a huge moment for me and my quilt pattern sales.  Learning to publish patterns has been quite the adventure.  To actually have them in print was overwhelming to say the least.  When I started quilting years ago I never dreamed I would someday design and publish my own patterns.  It's been a gradual process fueled by the people in my life.   Some of those people were you, my followers, wanting patterns of quilts I would make.  A big ole THANK YOU to all of  you that believe in and support me on daily basis.  I love quilting  and I love sharing the love of quilting.  I'm looking forward to new quilt adventures with all of you in the years to come.  So this is where I start plugging my pattern shop on Etsy.  Click here to see all my patterns


Turnabout Tulips, 4-13-18.
This quilt was released on a very important date to me.  Not all dates that are important are good.  In hindsight I wish I had waited another week to release the pattern.  It really is a great quilt with a fun layout with lots of room for quilting.  I also feel like the colors I chose where not the right ones to make her shine.  Maybe someday I could make another with brighter colors.  


Who doesn't just love a quick and easy quilt?  Add patriotic to the mix and you have FUN!  This was a marathon quilt from the word GO.  I was looking for something quick, fun and bright to get me out of a blah blah blah mood.  I had so much fun following someone else directions.  From start to finish it took less than 5 days!  It gave me a much needed boost of quilting mojo!  


This post was all about my first quilt designed with fabric that hadn't even hit the market.  It was a blast!  A quilters dream!  But boy does it put the pressure on a gal when she is used to working at her own pace and sharing the progress as she darn well pleases.  Cindy Cloward at Riley Blake fabrics has no idea how happy it made me to work with the Autumn Love fabric.  She made this a summer to remember for years to come. The pattern for Autumn Memories can be found in my Etsy shop by clicking here.
  

Trunk Show, 8-11-18
I had no idea when I started publishing patterns that so many quilters would want to see the quilts up close and personal.  Quilt guilds started contacting me almost immediately.  I wasn't ready!   I had no idea what to do at a trunk show.  But after a few months of turning down invitations I decided to jump in with both feet and do it.  I learned a lot from this first show and I'm looking forward to many more to come.


Be sure to jump over to Meadow Mist Designs for more Best of 2018 craft and quilt blogs. 







#autumnmemoriesquilt #autumnlovefabric #rileyblakefabric #podunkpretties 

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. that must have been interesting to do a trunk show - love that quilt with the truck pulling a load of hay across it - unique haven't seen any like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our guild was so honored to have you come for your first show! Everyone remembers that as one of the best programs all year! Here's hoping that 2019 brings you even more success - you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful patterns, congrats on so many patter releases!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Autumn Memories quilt is so happy and fun. I love the truck section and how it breaks out from the rest. I have always LOVED your fabric choices and colors. You are a master at fabric selection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like this was a great year!! You've certainly made some great quilts!! I'm sure next year will be just as wonderful!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...