Thursday, December 12, 2019

~ New Block and WINNERS! ~

 Hello happy quilters!   Is everyone ready for Christmas?  Shopping complete?  Tree up and decorated?  I hate to admit it but I'm not ready.  What's Christmas without a little hustle and bustle?!  It's become an excepted part of the holiday season.  Luckily our Christmas will be celebrated in January so I have plenty of time to get things done.  My current project is this cheery stocking quilt.  All the printed fabrics are from my scrap bins.  It's been so much fun watching all the little stockings come to life.  I've yet to name this block.  Any suggestions? 
   

Maybe I'm drawing a blank on a name because I'm so distracted by all the color.  The piecing traffic jam behind the sewing machine gave me a chuckle.  It looks like the old fashion ribbon candy my granny always had at Christmas time in a candy dish on the coffee table.


I'd get a lot more finished in a day if could just focus on the job at hand.  After each step I must fondle and play with all the pieces.  Oh well, it brings me joy, what more could we want.  I'm my own boss with no deadlines other than the one's set by me so no worries about time wasted.


I've also been taking a little time out to work with Miss Khaleesi.   When I say work I mean WORK!  She is in what we call in a teenager period even though she'll be a year old in January.  Giving her commands is like talking to a wall sometimes.  Just like when my kids were teenagers.  The picture below took about 20 minutes due to her lack of attention.  She knows the commands, she just doesn't care.  All she could think was "GIMMEE THE PEPPERONI!  GIVE IT, GIVE IT GIVE IT!"  We love her and new personality laced with dog joy.  Far better than the depressed and skiddish girl we met back in February.


So at last the moment you all have been waiting for is the winners from my earlier post this week and from the Happy Little Things giveaway from last week. 

Happy Little Things Winner

Dianne Kaufmann

Guess My Block Winners

Instagram winner ~ rhonaleduc
Facebook winner ~ Sheri Williamson
Podunk Pretties Blog winner ~ Mary C
Mary C.  Please send me your email address and the name of the PDF pattern you would like from my shop and I'll get it out to you ASAP.

For everyone else who didn't win this time make sure you come back.  I'll be having more giveaways and fun over the next few weeks.  I'll also publish this quilt block soon with a special introduction price you won't want miss!







Pin It

2 comments:

  1. what a fun and pretty block. Name? No idea. I am not good at naming things. LOL
    Merry Christmas quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milo says Miss Khaleesi is too cute to not flirt with. He said, come on over here and I'll share my treats with you, even my kibble. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...