Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Bumpkin Pumpkins ~ UFO Quilt #6 2023

Bumpkin Pumpkins is finally finished!  This UFO is about 4 or 5 years old.  It's one of my own original designs.  The quilting was finished months ago on October 15, 2022.  The next day I sewed the binding on the front of the quilt with every intentions of having this gal done before Halloween 2022.  As you can see that didn't happen.


Even though I'm not a huge fan of orange or black I really like how this one turned out and I can't wait to use it this coming fall.  

It could be the many Lori Holt prints that make me love it so much.  All but 3 of the prints are Lori Holt. 


For the backing I choose to use what I had on hand.  An orange and white polka dot and the rest of the black gingham, neither are Lori fabrics but the dot is Riley Blake.  And in true Lea Anne style I had to throw in one Joann fabric.  Yep the black gingham in the border and on the back are good ole cheap fabric and I love it!  


Then to finish her off, a quick hand written label.  The binding is the 3rd non Lori fabric but it is quilt shop quality but I can't remember what line or designer.  

Oh, I just noticed the date is wrong and this label was put on the quilt before quilting.   GEESH.


Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt! She'll be perfect for autumn. Isn't it a good feeling to finally have her finished! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love all the gingham and the orange pumpkins. I never thought of using gingham in a pumpkin like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. You make some of the most beautiful quilts. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...