Friday, March 24, 2023

The Goal ~ Pink Gingham Flimsy

Another gingham quilt top  finished.  YAH!  I'm tickled pink!  What do you think is it bubble gum pink or Barbie pink?


She gave me some issues due to the poor quality fabric.  Both of the pinks were purchased at Joann's.  The bolts were labeled as KONA 100% cotton.  I think someone switched the fabric on the bolts because when I ironed the fabrics on the cotton setting they puckered.  This tells me it's not cotton but a polycotton.  GRRR!  I could take them back but I decided to just chalk it up as a lesson learned and use it anyway.   I've never been a fabric snob so there's no reason to start now. On a positive note this is a outside quilt for the porch and poly can withstand the weather better.  The puckering in this quilt bothers me a tad.  So I have to keep reminding myself that it's just a porch quilt.


After finishing the quilt top yesterday I started working on the first batch of HST's.  And I'm happy to report my goal to square up 200 in a day was completed.


That's it, just a short, sweet and to the point post today because I'm dealing with this right now.  Such a big baby.


Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!





Pin It

5 comments:

  1. You won't see those puckers when the quilt is quilted. I read someone's blog post one time stating that Kona fabric from JoAnn's is the same as any other place but I still have my doubts. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh its beautiful ..bubble gum pink I say...I'm not a fabric snob either but I've bought fabrics too that weren't greatest of gravity but used them anyway. Lil puckers or not itll work well to snuggle in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's weird about the Kona. I haven't bought fabric in a long time but when I bought Kona in the past it either came from Hobby Lobby or JoAnns and I've never had a complaint. Good for you for using it anyway. I kind of like a crinkly, puckered up quilt. And I absolutely love gingham and your sweet gingham top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a quilt similar to this on my bucket list. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cab it be Barbies Bubble Gum pink haha! I like it!!! It will make perfect porch quilt. Snuggle the puppy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...