Tuesday, October 8, 2024

All The Twinkler Blocks Are Finished

Yippee!  All 42 Twinklers are finished! I'm itching to dive into quilting this one. I haven't quilted a quilt on the frame since the first week of July.  Throughout my quilting journey, the actual quilting has always been my least favorite part. Yet here I am, strangely thrilled to get stitching, it's an odd but pleasant twist!

In my hurry to finish these blocks, a couple of minor mistakes were made.


This was one time that I was glad to have a little scrap leftover from each jelly roll strip.  I'm mulling over the idea of incorporating the rest of them into the binding or perhaps the backing. As they say, only time tell.
  

  The mistake pieces will be trimmed down into HST's and added to the ever-growing HST's stash.


Today's plan is to once again trim down the last of the bonus HST's. I'm not looking forward to that process.  Imagine if there was a tiny gizmo that could trim HSTs at the push of a button and voilà, a perfectly trimmed HST in any size!  Think of all the extra time for, well, more quilting!  To think about the price tag on such a magical contraption...HAHA!  Way out of this thrifty gals budget!  But it's fun to dream! 


Before I end this post, I wanted to let you know why this quilt is taking so long to assemble.  It's my girl Khaleesi.  She's needed a lot of extra attention the past few weeks.  As of last week, the vet finally put her on topical and oral antibiotics plus a steroid.  The diaper is to stop her from licking her bum.  The vet is unsure what the problem is right now.  It's a process of elimination for the next few weeks.  The irritated bum could be caused by nervous licking, allergies or Perianal Fistula.  I'm praying the antibiotics and steroids work.  If they don't, it could be Perianal Fistula.  From what I've read it's an autoimmune disease that is difficult to treat and my vet can't do a test to be sure.  We would need to find a Veterinarian Dermatologist.  So right now I'm doing all I can to keep the bum clean and dry.  Which means no alone time when she outside and the diapers off.   The cone of shame was also suggested but I just can't do that to my girl.  Anyway, the big girl panties are so much cuter!













Pin It

1 comment:

  1. The twinkler blocks are beautiful! I can't wait to see this one quilted. Hopefully the antibiotics will take care of the problem. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. All comments made come to me as an e-mail. I try to respond to all comments. If you ask a question and do not get an email response, this means I can't respond to you via email due to one of the settings on your device or account. So, I can only answer your question in the comment section with your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...