Friday, October 4, 2024

Shopping And Chatting

 Hi Quilty Friends!  Today, I'm dedicating the entire day to sewing. No ifs, ands, or buts about it!  


Yesterday didn't go as planned, I didn't sew a single stitch. I had to take the weekly homemade meal over to my dad's place. Since my mom passed away in 2017, he's been eating a lot of processed foods. So, I make sure to prepare him at least one homemade meal each week, typically something my mom would have made. I couldn't just leave the food and dash off, so we ended up spending some time reminiscing about the good old days and discussing current events. Time flies when you're enjoying good company.

Heading home, I swung by the Dollar General for a 'quick' grab of cleaning supplies. But in a town where everyone knows your name, there's no such thing as a quick stop. It's like an impromptu high school reunion in every aisle!

Oh well, socializing is a good thing. I see it as the world telling me to stop and smell the roses and take life as it comes. After chatting with an old high school acquaintance, I picked up the cleaning supplies and wandered around the store to see the new additions since my last visit months ago. I always leave the store with more than just the items on my list, and yesterday was no different.  A must have drying rack for the Studio.  I think this is just what I need for letting fabrics dry a bit after starching.


The assembly was quite easy. Currently, it's neatly stored next to my ironing station. I'll be putting it to the test when I begin pressing and starching the next set of Bow-Tie quilt fabrics. I'll update you on how this $10 rack preforms under pressure.


The rest of the day was spent using the cleaning supplies, walking the dog and cooking for Mr. Podunk.  Oh well, at least I got some stuff done and freed up today for doing anything I want.  The chances of me getting out of my jammies is pretty slim and I'm most definitely not leaving the house.







Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Lea Anne, What starch do you use? Thank you, Roseann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I still have 2 bottles of Sta Flo concentrate. It has been my preferred starch for many years. Sadly, it has been discontinued. I've been on the search for a new concentrated starch. Ordered one on amazon and after about 2 or 3 weeks it had not shipped so I cancelled the order and I'm back on the search. I don't like Best Press, to me it does nothing. I've made my own. The only trouble with homemade is it spoils and stinks after a week or two. Using vodka as starch does nothing in my opinion. Should I run out of Sta-flo before finding another concentrate I guess I'll just need to buy the expensive stuff in the aerosol can. I don't like aerosol, too much overspray and waste. Should I find a replacement, I'll let everyone know here on the blog.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the info. Love your blog and your bright and happy quilts!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. All comments made come to me as an e-mail. I try to respond to all comments. If you ask a question and do not get an email response, this means I can't respond to you via email due to one of the settings on your device or account. So, I can only answer your question in the comment section with your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...