Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Baskets Of Fun

Welcome to my messy studio! The disorder you see is the result of sweeping and mopping the floor. What began as a quick tidy-up turned into a 12-hour cleaning when I discovered a large dust bunny under the longarm. It clearly needed it, given the time it took. It's interesting how things turn out; just look at what was hiding under the longarm – scrap baskets! 


This cart has been storing small scraps for my Vortex quilt. I haven't worked on it for months and have no plans to anytime soon.


Making the fabric baskets and filling them with matching scraps seemed like a great idea initially.  Now it seems like a waste of storage space.   I will add these scraps with the others, allowing me to use this cart as storage for the works in progress instead of having them piled up on my cutting table.


I'm excited to find these and to sift through them for fabrics to use in the Bow-Tie quilt.


Before I could sort and store the fabrics, I had to get back to the cleaning, from the ceiling to floor. My old broom was put through its paces. Interestingly, did you know that almost all brooms can stand upright by themselves? It's like a little bit of magic!


While cleaning, I discovered an additional box of scraps that I had set aside for string quilting. They were added to the cutting table along with all the other fabrics to be sorted.  
My agenda for today now that the dust bunnies have been conquered...organizing and storing these fabrics.  I hope to find some cuties!










Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. All comments made come to me as an e-mail. I try to respond to all comments. If you ask a question and do not get an email response, this means I can't respond to you via email due to one of the settings on your device or account. So, I can only answer your question in the comment section with your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...