Friday, August 24, 2012

An artist at work

Oh my goodness I just don't know how I make such a big mess.  I try so hard not to be messy because I loath clutter and messes.  But when I'm designing its a totally different story.  Even with the trash can placed at my feet I still can't seem to hit it!  Oh well.....

 
 
The mess was totally worth the end results.  My plan is to add some of those HST's I've been working on, maybe a simple border.  Really won't know until the design board process.  If you like this pattern you can get it at Erin Russeks Etsy Shop.  It's part of her My Tweets Block of the month that I've been working on...well here and there.
It took a lot of trial and error to get the color placement just perfect for my eyes.  So I've got a few scrap applique pieces that I think may become part of an AAQI Quilt.  At our last guild meeting the program was about these little quilts not much bigger than a piece of paper.  Lisa Dodson taught the class and has some amazing small quilts.  To be honest I've tried making one of these small quilts one time and lets just say I dusted my furniture with it.  We were told at the meeting that we're all artist,  I suppose so, always consider myself a quilter but I guess you're creating and that's what artists do.  My canvas for my artistry is much bigger than 9x13.......

Well until next time...Quilt out of your comfort zone!

Lea Pin It

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...