Friday, February 7, 2014

Getting in the Zone

Do you ever feel like the Mad Scientist when designing a project?  Yesterday I was in the zone.  After hours of digging and playing around with ideas the decision was made that maybe dressing and combing the hair would be a good idea.  After making myself presentable to the world (showering gave me time to mull over ideas) I settled on the fabrics.
The project plan wasn't quite so easy.  Two small design ideas drafted on paper, cut the fabrics and YUK.  As the old saying goes "Third times the Charm".  By this time its around 9 p.m.  Finally it's pleasing to my eye.  Wanna a sneak peak?
Designing(drawing by hand) that scallop made my little ole brain muscles work extra hard.  Not to mention that the studio now looks like a natural disaster zone.  At 12:57 a.m. I'm satisfied with the progress and can finally call it a day.  You see shutting off the brain when in the zone is almost impossible.  Many a night has been spent tossing and turning, mulling over a project.  
Before the insanity started yesterday and before daybreak a flimsy was completed.  Not the best picture due to the sun was just coming up.  
So let's just fold her up and file her under "needs to be quilted"
Uh-oh NO MORE SPACE in that file.  15 tops with backings all ready to go.  2 that are partially quilted in plastic bags.   In my defense one of the partials is waiting for just the right thread.  I ran out and can't find anything close enough to finish.
Well gotta run I'm super excited about the new project, it's a small one so it could be done in a day or two!  See you then!

~Lea Anne~








Pin It

5 comments:

  1. You are so funny! I can relate so much! I never have a whole day because of the pesky "real job". That's when I get my mad ideas...when I'm working! So I keep track of my assignments for my timesheet at work in a notebook. I actually bought a notebook with graph paper so I can draw out my ideas at work-lol. We are a little crazy, aren't we? Or is crazy just what a "normal" person would say....hahahahahaha

    Cheery wave!
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric you picked out, I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely quilt but I think it is time you started to quilt some of them!!!!! Those drawers are overflowing with the beauties which need to be seen and admired

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always say I don't like pink, but when I see how other quilters combine and dilute it, I wonder why :-D
    This top is very elegant, I must get over my pink allergy LOL
    Like Margaret, I am keen to admire your unfinished quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post - I can SO relate!!! Your fabrics are just beautiful and I can't wait to see the finished flimsy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...