Friday, July 21, 2023

Fabric Friday ~ New To Me

 Hey Quilty Friends!  The last week I've been up to my ears in fabric sorting and making plans to use up some unloved fabrics for charity quilts and then this happens.  I promise you, I was not shopping for fabric.  Sure, everyday I take a walk around my favorite online shops, but it's just window shopping.  


A few days ago I got a private message on Facebook from a quilter named Judy.  We met about 4 yrs ago at a quilt guild trunk show.   She too has been sorting and purging her fabrics when she stumbled upon a bunch of Lakehouse Drygoods, She remembered me saying how much I loved them.  


She offered them to me at a price I could not refuse.  Sight unseen I jumped on the deal and met with her a few days later.  Let me tell you, the angels sang as I opened the bag.  I've seen these online and they never look as bright and happy as they did in the bag.


There were more prints than what is shown here.  My friend/neighbor Judy(not the same Judy that sold me the fabric) came along with me on this fabric run.  She too loves bright and happy fabrics so I gave her some of the duplicates and a few others that she loved.  There was also some I thought I would have a hard using in my quilts.  They looked more 30's reproduction, which is her quilting style.


I  love all the blues in the picture above and below.  Well that yellow plaid doesn't really do much for me but the rest are screaming to be used.   Sigh...no time for designing right now.  There's still much to be done in the Studio.  


The fabric sorting is going well. I've manage to sort and store all the backings and yardage.  A few more pieces have been added to the charity box. 
 Tomorrows plan 
1. sort through a couple boxes of fat quarters
 2. sort scraps by color and store them in the proper bins.  

It would be nice to never need to do this again.  Is it possible?  Are you the type of quilter who can keep it organized as you go? 

Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!





Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Glad you love the fabric! You gave me extra money! Thanks for that also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful when one quilter's destash becomes another quilter's treasurer! And your pink tape measure is even color coordinated to your favorite fabrics! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...