Friday, July 14, 2023

Friday Finish and a Pillow Form Tutorial

Hello Quilty Friends!  Todays Friday Finish is a Flag Block designed by Cory Yoder of Coriander Quilts.  To make this block into a pillow I added a 12.5 x 3.5 to each side of the block and then a 18.5 x 3.5 to the top and bottom.  The finished pillow top was then made into a quilt sandwich and quilted using a 2 inch crosshatching.  The back is an envelope closure so the pillow form can be removed.    The red stripe binding gives the pillow a little extra pop of color and movement.  


I love how it turned out and it looks cute along with all the other pillows.  You can't have too many pillow in a little girls room.   This is in the spare bedroom I have set up for the grandkids.    

 I have a little secret....I didn't have a pillow form the right size for this pillow so I had to make one. This is my go to method of making pillow forms.   It's a great way to use up some of scrap batting.  And it's as easy as pie.  The batting is trimmed to size, folded and stacked.  Next lay the stack of  batting pieces in the middle of larger/longer piece of batting.


Fold the batting ends over the top and trim with about a one inch overlap.


Next I sew it shut with a large running stich.  Normally I wouldn't use red thread, this is for your viewing pleasure.


The side salso need to be stitched closed. 


And there you have it a super simple pillow form.  At this point I could or should make a nice white cover for the form.  


Nah, I think I'll just cram that baby in the pillow and no one will be none the wiser...well until now.  HAHA!  The secrets out!  


Cory's Flag Quilt Block can be found here and here.


Until next time...
 
I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!






For those of you who love dog videos.  This my girl Khaleesi with her new puzzle treat game.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Khaleesi is such a smart girl! I've heard that those kinds of puzzle toys are really good for dogs, especially 'working' dog breeds. Regardless, that was a sweet video <3 I love how your flag pillow turned out, and great job making do for a pillow form. I've been known to harvest old bed pillows to make pillow forms, because I'm too cheap and lazy to drive to the store for a premade one, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. Having a form the correct size is always a challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...