Saturday, July 15, 2023

The HUGE Project

 Hey Quilty Friends!  Today is the start of the next big project.  It's not a quilt but it is happening in the Quilting Studio.  


The Studio needs a little makeover.  It's been 7 or 8 years since I last updated the look or did any deep cleaning like moving all the furniture and dusting behind the cabinets.  The reason for the change is this door below.  I know it's odd to have an exterior door in the Studio.  That's not the only odd thing about this room.  You can see a full tour of my Studio by clicking here.  We think this room used to be a carport or garage.  It would be nice to be able to open the door and let in more fresh air.  Right now it's blocked by my quilter. Until recently we didn't have screen doors on any of our exterior doors.  Crazy, right?   Sure it cost money but in the long run it will save us money on central air and fans.  I know a lot of newer homes don't have screen doors.  This is an old home and I'm an old gal that wants fresh air.


So I've started clearing things out.  Not only am I rearranging and cleaning but I also plan to declutter and simplify.  The less decor, the less cleaning.


The quilts that hung on the walls and the trim that went around my design wall have been down for months. Yes, this has been a plan for quite awhile but I was procrastinating.  Imagine that, me procrastinating HAHA!





  This window (hole in the wall) into the kitchen is another odd thing in my Studio.  The kitchen sink is on the other side of this window.  We have super small galley kitchen.  Basically it's a hallway to the back part of the house.  That's why you see a knife block and butter dish in the window.  I have very little counter space.  When I get to cooking big meals the coffee pot also sets in this window.  We've consider closing up the hole but it does let light into the kitchen and makes it feel a little bigger.  The other arrow is pointing to paint that needs to be fixed.  I don't want to paint the hole room.  I hope the can of leftover paint isn't dried out.


So there it is, my Studio in a huge mess.  It amazes me the things I've let go over the years.  Take a look at the outlet that is being held in place by painters tape.  At least it's a pretty green instead of the horrible blue painters tape.  I also need to do something with the lights.  This room originally had one light in a ceiling fan.  The fixture says no higher than a 60 watt bulb.  Seriously?  6o watts for a one car garage or in my case sewing room?  I'm thrifty and impatient so my quick fix was Amazon and these lights.  We'll see what we can do about the light cord situation later.  Right now there's plenty of other things to keep me busy.


Well it's time to get back to work.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!






Pin It

3 comments:

  1. A 60 watt bulb in a ceiling fan is barely enough to keep from tripping over things when I walk into a room, certainly not enough to work by! I'm not sure if I envy your task ahead - it will be a whole lot of work, but the results will be sooo worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So your garage/sewing room was an add-on, and your kitchen window looked outside. Cool! I love to deconstruct houses lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look into getting a ceiling LED light to replace that one. I got one for my sewing room under $75, maybe even less, can't remember. I got it at Costco. The wattage isn't high but the light output is wonderful - very nice and bright!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...