Monday, July 3, 2023

Opening the Mystery Boxes

 Hey Quilty Friends!  Today we're finally going to dig into those mystery boxes.  I thought one of them held my very small stash of Home Dec fabric but I was wrong. 


So let's start with the one on the bottom first.  It's hiding something super cute.


As soon as I opened it I remembered it and wanted to start working on it again.


I designed this one a few years ago. 


I'm pretty sure everything I need to finish the quilt top is in the box.  Let's find out!


The test block is the only block that is completely finished.


Several partial blocks, lacking only the flower and stars.


Three blocks still needing all the applique.


Oodles of arcs for the rest of the quilt.


A few scraps because I over cut.  But maybe they can be worked into the design. 


All the fabric is here.  I might have included the backing and binding too.  


Now onto the next box.


More patriotic fabrics!


This is what was left of the fabric pull when making my Stars and Stripes Forever quilt.  The plan was to keep using the fabrics until it was gone.  Maybe a Bonnie hunter scrap quilt in red, white and blues or a simple log cabin quilt.  Later in the day this box sent me on a Google and Pinterest patriotic quilt pattern search.  You can see my Patriotic Pinterest Board I started years ago by clicking here.


But before wasting a couple hours looking at patriotic quilts I thought it  would be a good idea to straighten up the mess in this box.


It didn't take me long to realize, I really don't want to sort fabric today.  This isn't fun at all!


So I the little sorting I dud was neatly placed back in the box.


Both boxes will be going back in the cabinet.  You see, I have a procrastination problem.  There's other messes to tend to in the Studio and a quilt needing to be quilted in the background of the picture below.


Sigh...priorities and goals.  Had I stuck to this type of thinking years ago I wouldn't be in this situation now.  So I better stick to the list of goals and priorities. Yes, I'm pouting and stomping like a 9 yr. old little girl that has been told to stay in his room until it's clean. 


Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!









Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the basket quilt! I hope it doesn't stay in timeout for too long.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...