Monday, July 10, 2023

One Goal Completed and One Not

 Hello Quilting Friends!  Last night(the wee hours of this morning 12:30ish A.M.) the Lone Star was bound and considered done.  Today, I slept in until 7:30, got a cup of decaf, took these pictures, and now I'm writing this post.  Today I'll make and add the label then throw her in the washer.


Let me tell you, my little goal list did not go as planned.  Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were a complete busts. Friday I did get in a little quilting time but not enough to check of anything on my list. 


I could give you all the details of each day but really it was just life, nothing worth mentioning.  So, I decided Friday night to ditch the list and quilt till you wilt.  I wanted this quilt done by Sunday night.  Taking breaks was a must due back issues.  So instead of playing with pretty red, white and blue fabrics in my down time, I opted to just sit and relax for a few minutes at the computer.  I know me and I know I would get lost in the pretty fabrics and time would be lost.  So, they were set aside but in plain view.  Maybe by the end of today I can put together this cute little block.


This Lone Star is almost exactly like the other four I've made in the last year.  The other quilts had red or maroon borders.  This orange border was due to I didn't have enough red or maroon fabric.


I also opted to use white thread on the back when quilting the star.  On the other quilts I used black thread but here again I was running low on black thread so white it is.  It worked out and adds a nice design to the back of the quilt.


Well, it's time to get this day started so I can have a little much needed playtime in the Studio later today.

Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!







Pin It

4 comments:

  1. How nice you were able to finish this one up and it turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great finish! I just love the bright colors with the black background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lone star is beautiful! I'm surprised though the white thread didn't show on the front. Your tension must be perfect. Happy stitching on the next project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you finished your lone star quilt, what a wonderful tribute to your son. And the orange border looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...