Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Vacation brain

A year or two ago I made this quilt for a customer.  She chose the colors and the pattern from about 50 different quilts drafted in EQ.  The pinwheels finished at 2.5 inches.  And there were bunches of them....more than what was needed.
 As I pointed out earlier in the week even the best plans in EQ can go wrong.  Really I can't blame EQ, I did the pinwheel math.  Somehow I made 50 extra!  Obviously my brain was on vacation that day.  Anyway...here they are along with the other scraps I'll be using for my next quilt quickie.
 And the plan below...let's hope my math skills have improved.  

~ Lea Anne ~

Today's freebie designed by Jacquelynne Steves  
Click here for pattern

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I love that color combination. And I could easily make that mistake but I enjoy making pinwheels. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! You are making me want to get EQ! sort of...it would take me forever to figure it out....You are SO talented at design! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. much better to have 50 left overs rather than being 50 short Bev. Such delicate colours, very pretty and love the scalloped edging. New quilt looks good too and what a bonus to have this from your spare pinwheels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt. Don't think I could do that many 2.5" pinwheels. That's padded cell quilting for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I love those scallops! I hate having leftovers, but you're definitely making the best of an annoying situation. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...