Thursday, November 16, 2023

A Cup Of Cheer Recipe

 Come on in Quilty Friends!  Let's have a big ole cup of cheer!  Yes, this glass of bubbly cherry red goodness is easy to make and sure to put a little smile on your face.


So grab a cup of whatever, pull up a chair and listen carefully as I tell you how to make your own cup of ruby red goodness.
You will need a container large enough for mixing.  I got a little excited, so all my ingredients have already been mixed.  How cute is that pink foam?  Just darling!  The first thing I added was hot tap water.  The amount of hot water depends on your container.


After doing some research on this recipe, I found that some folks say the color catchers can be omitted because the Blue Dawn(magical potion) will act as a Color Catcher, suspending and holding onto the dye.  If you are like me and feel like the more ingredients the better then add as many Color Catcher as you would like.  Now add 1/4 of a cup of the magical blue liquid.  Again, this is debatable, some say 1/2 cup.


The secret ingredient that gives our cup of cheer its beautiful ruby color.
Cheap fabric!  It doesn't matter how much, just make sure it is saturated with unstable dye.  I used 10 yards of this lovely red from Joann's.  I don't think I could have picked a more perfect fabric!  So exciting!


After adding the saturated beauty to your large container, you will need to stir/agitate it for just a bit, making sure all the ingredients are well combined.  My container has a timer, so I set it for the longest time and find that it works well.  Other recipes call for up to a 12 hour soak.  I've done the 12 hour soaks and it didn't seem to do any better than the two hour.  Again, the choice is yours.  Play around with the recipe to see what works best for you.


After letting all the ingredients marry for 2 hours or more, you will need to strain out the water.  Don't forget to get your cup of cheer!
  
I had the most beautiful cup of cheer!  And would you look at those lovely crimson Color Catchers.  They are so pretty,  I'm so happy to see all that lovely color in the glass.  I made a very wise choice with this fabric. I wondered if maybe I could make another batch.  Double the fun! 

(WARNING FOR DUMMIES, THIS IS NOT FOR DRINKING)  It's Sad that I feel the need to add a warning but remember there were some dummies eating Tide Pods.


 I loaded up the large mixer again with new color catchers, magical blue potion and the red delicious fabric.  Followed the directions as above and let it work it's magic. 
  Well ,this batch wasn't as magical as the first batch.  That's okay, it makes even happier, I love pink too!  In the past I've gotten up to three or four batches and you might too.  It all depends on your cheap fabric.  

(YOU CAN'T DRINK THIS ONE EITHER, GEESH)

Here's how I knew this fabric would be perfect for making a cup of cheer.  You can see how the white area(selvedge) looked before the first mix and after the second mix.  


Okay that's it.  You can now make your very own beautiful cup of cheer for any holiday.  Remember, a cup of cheer doesn't need to be red.  It can be any color if you find just the right ingredients.

Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!





Just for fun I looked for a song called Cup of Cheer.
You can find anything on the internet.
It's goofy, not the best singing but it about wraps up how I feel about the holidays. Just click the image below to play the video.




Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Great tip. Thank you! As I'm moving out of state we are going to need to buy a new washer/dryer. I don't like my current one as it only does a 15 minute soak (max) and all the water drains out when the machine decides it is finished (technically it isn't a soak cycle, but a pause cycle). Thus, I'm quite curious what manufacturer brand and model your washer is?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...