Tuesday, November 7, 2023

My Fabric Pull ~ Indigo Way Quiltville Mystery 2023

 Quilters all around the globe are on pins and needles as they wait for the first clue of the annual Quiltville Mystery quilt hosted by Bonnie Hunter.  This years mystery quilt name is Indigo Way.  The introduction post came out a week ago.  In this post you will find the quilts inspiration, fabric pull and basic information about the mystery 


While I've followed Bonnie since 2005, I've only made three of her mystery quilts.  

En Provence was my first. Had it not been for this low volume border I don't think I would have made another Bonnie mystery quilt.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this quilt.  Of course I changed the colors because she chose Fuchsia and Purple.  Y'all know how I feel about purple. 


I can't remember which one was next.  This is On Ringo Lake.  Bonnie suggested colors were salmon, teal and brown.  As you can see, I didn't like those colors.


And then there was Good Fortune.  Again I changed the colors.  It was made to suit Mr. Podunk who loves a more muted pallet.  Her colors were blue, orange, red and green.


Mystery quilts and Blocks of the month are hard for me because...

1. The not knowing what the quilt will look like in the end  
2. They typically drag out for a year

 UGG...They might as well call it... Adding To Your UFO's Mystery BOM Quilt Along.

Bonnie's mystery quilt is at a quicker pace.  On average it runs a little over a month once the first clue is released.  That doesn't include the Introduction.  The introduction post is always on Halloween.  Then  we have until Black Friday to gather up any rulers and fabric needed.  I'm ready for the first clue because her colors this year are perfect. 


I have a ton scraps in all those colors.  Indigo is a really dark blue, I'm doing navy blue and lighter blues.


The reds and low volume backgrounds are ready to go.  I'm not going to pull the fabric until I need them for a clue.  Once the clue is released I can pull out the drawer and set it on the cutting table.  When the clue is completed the drawer goes back to it's spot.  Easy clean up.  The completed clues will go into Ziploc bags and then into a basket on top of the scrap bins.


 Are you a Bonnie follower?  Have you made a Bonnie mystery or any of her patterns?  If this is all new to you and you would like more information click  here.


Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!















Pin It

1 comment:

  1. The only one of Bonnie's mystery quilts I've made is Double Delight which is one of the very first mysteries she had. I don't do mysteries, I want to see what the quilt looks like before I start making it. It's great that you're brave enough to pull your own colors, I do download the PDF info and maybe one day I'll make one of them. I'm downloading this year's mystery also but as usual, I want to actually see it before I spend time making something I may end up disliking. Your On Ringo Lake really looks like you! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...