Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Cabin In The Woods Quilt Top

If I were to tell you I was making a red and green quilt would you automatically think "She's making a Christmas quilt?  Second question...Do you think this looks like a Christmas quilt?  

I'm hoping the answer is NO.  My original plan for this quilt was a Christmas theme.  I spent many hours trying to come up with an applique plan.  Christmas Trees, Snowmen, Snowflakes, Gnomes and Santa's Sleigh with reindeer were all ideas that just didn't feel/look right.  Why does it need to be a Christmas themed quilt?  Shifting the way I think about red and green wasn't easy.  So it took a bit for me to get my brain to understand, I want this quilt to be a cozy quilt that can be used all year long. 


As I planted the final tree in place, it crossed my mind to add some ricrac garland and some tiny circle applique for lights or ornaments.  And my little plain Jane cabin could easily be decorated to resemble a gingerbread house.  Thank goodness Lazy Lea Anne spoke up and reminded me to keep it simple and not Christmassy. 


 All of the applique was made from my scrap bins.  The two small trees were made from the same fabric in the body of the quilt.


Today's plan, dig through the stash to find backing and binding fabrics.  Wish me luck, I really don't want to go fabric shopping.  Yep I said that!


Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!







Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Some people are always going to think it's a Christmas quilt because it's red & green. It's a pretty quilt that can be used year round no matter what the colors are, just ignore the people who say otherwise. It's a very pretty quilt top, now add some of your fantastic quilting for us to enjoy. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I agree, the reds and greens don't really read as Christmas. It will be perfect for any time of year, just a nice woodsy cabin theme. I can't wait to see how you quilt it, that always brings a quilt to life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this quilt. The applique is perfect. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...