Monday, November 6, 2023

Argyle UFO Quilt Options

Hi Quilty Friends!  After spending two days of errands, chores and cooking, I'm in need of a little me time in the Studio.  There's two new quilt ideas in the works but I'm just not feeling it right now.  My heart says to work on a UFO.  This Argyle quilt was laying on the top of the stack. 


It was the test piece for my Nordic Christmas Memories quilt below.


The way I look at it, I have three options for finishing this one.

1. sew the bottom section to the top and call it a quilt top
2.  add the same applique as in the quilt above
3.  design a new applique panel

The quilt would be boring without applique.  A little applique will give it the WOW factor.  So, I chose option number three.   But before I could move on with the plan I need find the background fabric for the applique.


Do you believe in signs?  Call me crazy because I do. What are the chances of me having the same white on white print in my stash after years of this quilt sitting in the UFO stack?  The chances were slim.  Can you believe it?  I found 3 yards!


Yep, it's a sign that I'm on the right track.  This quilt needs an appliqued panel and it needs to be fairly easy.  My first thought was...Santa in his sleigh with a big bag stuffed with toys, and of course you can't have Santa and his sleigh without Rudolf and the rest of the herd.  Then I came to my senses and reminded myself...
SIMPLE and EASY.

 Hope to see soon with a new applique idea.


Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!











Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what applique design you come up with, snowmen would be easy. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...