Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Adding To The Stash

Hello Quilty Friends! A few days ago my friend Judy invited me to go along with her to Joann fabrics.  It was perfect timing because I had just put pink thread on my weekly shopping list.   As you can see I found more than pink thread and we also made more than one stop, hence the charm packs.

 In my last few visits to Joann's I was a woman on a mission, get only what I need and get out quickly.  Lingering in Joann's for too long is dangerous.  As you can tell by the looks of my shopping cart, I was in Joann's for awhile.  However, the skeleton is not mine, it's Judy's.  Her cart was overflowing before we made it to the fabric department.  So Mr. Bones had to hitch a ride with me.  He became quite the conversation piece and got a more than a few giggles from the staff as well as other customers.

All of the fabrics purchased at Joann's was from their Keepsakes Calico's.


They have a better brand called Quilter's Select which is pretty close to quilt shop quality fabric but I couldn't find anything that suited my fancy in the better quality fabrics.


You all know me, I'm not picky when it comes to fabric.  My only rule is, it must make me happy.  If it meets this one criteria then it ends up in my cart.  Cotton is the easiest to work with but I'll step outside that comfort zone too if the print makes me happy.


The yellow polka dot below is a nice buttery color.  The chances of me going back and buying the whole bolt is pretty good.  I've been looking for a buttered color background fabric for an applique quilt I designed more than 10 years ago.  I would prefer quilt shop quality because it doesn't shrink as much but this will do if I prewash before using.  I'm going to give this half yard a test wash before purchasing the entire bolt.


Of course we had to stop by the local quilt shop, Back Door Quilts.  It was hard to leave with just 2 little charm packs.  The plan to was to leave empty handed but....


The Emma charm packs by By Sherri & Chelsi for Moda is from 2022.  It was just too cute to leave in the store.   I found an image of the entire line so you could see the fabrics without me having to open a charm pack.   What sold me is the reds are red, not tomato soup or raspberry.   The yellows are also very nice, not too muted, pale or brown.  The grays have hint of brown to make them not so gray and sickly.  
Of course I spent about an hour online looking for just the right charm pack quilt pattern.  Who am I kidding?  These are going on the shelf, I've got charity quilts to make and UFO's to finish.






Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!








Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I love all the fabrics you've purchased! I bought fabric there just last week for aprons, I think I'll be shopping more there. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fabric selections. I was at JoAnn's the other day too. And I did buy some of their Keepsake fabric. Not that I needed an inch of fabric, but the colors worked for me, so who can resist?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shopping for stash is such a comfy feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...