Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Forever In Blue Jeans

Done, Finished, Completed, Finally! Shew, cutting up the blue jeans and flannel took much longer than expected.  The song Forever in Blue Jeans kept rolling through my head as I cut and cut and cut.  Yes, Forever working with blue jeans.


Why so long?  Because the five inch die pooped out on me.   It's my fault.  Silly me tried to cut four layers of jeans at one time.  The pressure bent the top blade of the square causing it to no longer cut.  I could buy a new die but it would take about a week for it to get here so the rotary cutter it is.


The die broke somewhere around the 200th square.  I quit counting and starting singing Forever in Blue Jeans somewhere around square 300.  The total amount of squares?  My guess would be 800-900.  I'll worry about counting when it comes time to make the quilt.


The quilt plan is simple, half blue jeans and half flannel.  The finished size will be about 67 x 90.


300 squares total is needed for one quilt.  Looks like I might have enough squares for several quilts.

 Taking the time to stack them neatly was not for the purposes of a pretty picture.  I'm not that crazy, yet.  As much as I would love to start sewing up Mr. Podunk's new quilt, I can't.   These need to be neatly stored away until it's time to make the quilt. 

 
To keep them in plain site and free of dust I put them in small clear trash bags.  Hopefully I can get this one worked into the quilting schedule and finished by hunting season this fall.



Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!










Pin It

2 comments:

  1. The blue jean quilt is going to be wonderful! Denim really holds up. I suggest you make your seam wider than 1/4" though because it can pull out at that size. Been there, done that, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops!! What I want to know is how do you keep them so perfectly piled up? No matter what, my piles always are wokey.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...