Monday, August 7, 2023

Charity Quilt #2 Finished

 Hi Quilty Friends!  Can you believe it?  Another charity(homeless) quilt finished!  It's exciting to see these quilts coming together so fast.


Quilters eye candy they are not and for that I'm happy.  Following the rules set for the specific charity insures they will get to where they need to go and serve their intended purpose.


The theme for this quilt was dark background florals. Some of these are vintage calicos I loved but knew I would never use.  It was time to let them go so they could do what they were meant to do.  Keep someone warm and be loved, even if only for a short time.


Scrappy makes me happy even when it's not in my favorite color pallet.  This scrappy binding put a smile on my face.  So  much color.


Now it's time to start the next one.  I'm on a roll and can't stop.  Let's see how many I can do before needing a break.  Can I keep it up until I run out of franken batting?  Wish me luck!


Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!





Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Would you kindly share how big to cut the squares and how many? I’m pruning my stash and would love to put the discards to good use. Seems like it would be a quick sew that would be a good leader/ender project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure. I've already started the next one so as soon as I get this one finished.

      Delete
  2. I think this quilt is pretty, a great use of the unloved florals. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your work, even the ones you aren't so happy about! Sad but true that some quilts are taken by volunteers. I made a quilt for Linus, delivered it to a store taking donations, but never received the receipt/thank you from Linus. So I think it was taken, not given to a needy child as I intended. I was told that Linus always sends receipts, and received one for other donations. Stealing charity quilts is pretty low. What is franken batting? I'm now thinking of sewing together some of my batting scraps. I didnt' realize that some of the quilts might get thrown away after only a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...