Monday, August 14, 2023

Quilter Spa Day

 Hey Friends!  I wanted to share with you a quick tip today.  While giving my quilter a good cleaning I decided I needed a new way to store my scissors while quilting.   Having them on the left hand side of the quilter in a magnetic pin bowl just wasn't optimal.  My first thought was a google search for sewing machine scissor holders.  I found several but thought they were a bit overpriced for a small piece of plastic.


Then I had a brainy idea to tape a small section of a straw to the side of my machine.  It would look tacky but be functional.  Thankfully my brain kicked in again and remembered we have a huge supply of Command Hooks.  I don't know about you but I'm obsessed with Command Hooks.  The Light Clip Command Hook worked perfectly for my small Karen Kay Buckley scissors.  


After finishing the cleaning and oiling the machine, a quilt top was loaded and the new scissor holder worked out great.  I can't believe how much nicer my machine runs after a good spa treatment.  Now to convince hubby I need go for a spa treatment day too! 


Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!







 

Pin It

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...