Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Charity Quilt #4 2023

 Oh my this is a bright one!  A few years ago I went crazy buying yellow fabrics.  Everyone was making yellow and gray or yellow and black quilts.  Some how I was pulled into the frenzy and made one quilt top in this colorway.  It still needs to be quilted.  This charity quilt is the same as the others, just large squares sewn together and minimal quilting.  The binding was made from the scraps.


She's a bright one that's for sure.  I Wouldn't exactly call her ugly either.


A few of these prints are from my days of making Vera Bradley style purses.  Does Vera still make handbags?  There's a internet rabbit hole for me to go down later today!  If she does I'm sure I'll spend way to much time looking around the website.


The backing is a navy blue sheet.  Why?  Someone gave it to me years ago and it's the right size today.


It's not my best quilting job and I used the same pink thread as I did on the other three charity quilts.  I'll keep using the pink thread for all the charity quilts. These quilts are supposed to be ugly so  don't worry about thread color. Now I need to stop worrying about the fabrics matching.  It would make the process go much quicker.  I've even been worrying about the same prints being next to one another.  Oh well, someone might get a quilt they love because it's somewhat pretty.


Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!















Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Another pretty quilt! You are really on a roll! Yes, Vera Bradley still makes purses. I purchased one a year ago that was on sale at a very low cost. I use it all the time, it's very well made. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had forgotten all about the Year of All the Yellow With Gray! I did a nursery in yellow and gray for one client, another client wanted a yellow and gray living room, and every home magazine and furniture store had yellow with gray EVERYWHERE…. Good job, knocking out these charity quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...