Sunday, August 13, 2023

Time to Stitch Up Something Sweet

 Hello Quilty Friends!  I took a little break from making homeless charity quilts to stitch up something sweet and useful.


The cherry fabric used in this project is from Walmart.  I'm not sure how it got in my stash, I don't remember purchasing it but maybe I did.  The black gingham is a Keepsake Calico from Joann's.  It's not the best gingham and is kind of stiff.  It feels painted instead of dyed.  But once washed it feels much nicer.


Mu sweet little project was inspired by Gretchen over at Gretchen's Little Corner.  She made the sweetest aprons for her granddaughters last Wednesday.  I've been thinking about making an apron for a few months.  I can't step in a kitchen without getting burned, cut or making a huge mess of myself.  Rather than replacing my clothes every few months it's a better idea to make an apron or two. The apron pattern Gretchen used was cute but much more complicated than I felt like making right now.  I needed something simple, quick and cooler(my internal thermostat is stuck on HOT).  A quick google search brought up many free tutorials and patterns.  I chose to make Erica's Sew Easy Adjustable Apron.  It's a YouTube tutorial.  Erica Arndt is amazing, she can do it all.  Quilt pattern designer, crochet patterns, cross stitch patterns and homeschooling curriculums.  I've purchased many of her homeschooling curriculums for my grandkids.   

I wish I had been paying attention to the cherry print.  My Cherries are upside down.  Oh well, it works just the same.  The pattern had one large pocket in the front.  It would have been cute but not something I felt I needed when I cook.


I'll be making a few more in the near future.  And maybe one with a pocket just for the Studio.  But I'll be changing the length of the ties.  They almost touch my ankles!  So if you decide to make one you might consider making an adjustment to the amount of strips suggested by Erica.  


Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!







Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Cute apron even with the cherries upside down! Ties can be a nuisance, that's why I make mine without ties. Pockets were requested by my granddaughter, I don't ordinarily add them to my aprons. That's just one more thing to make! This was a nice change for you from charity quilts, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Cherries upside-down!! What every works, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, I checked out that video and thought she did a great job. I'm now following her blog, too. I'm an avid blog follower and am always looking for a new one that looks like they have great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, that is the cutest!! I have a bunch of the cherry fabric somewhere. I thought the quality was pretty decent if I remember correctly. The last few years I have gone crazy over super fun and quicker projects! Not cutting corners just making less complicated smaller projects. Thank you for keeping ur blog up, I miss all the blogs since everyone on ig or some other platform. Cheers! Amie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...