Saturday, August 5, 2023

Quilt Finish #2 This Week ~ Gingham Porch Quilt #5

 Hi Quilting Friends!  This is just a quick little post to share my second finished quilt for the week, the yellow gingham porch quilt. 


As with all the others made this year, I used the scraps from the front a little extra solid white to make the backing.


The solid white binding was attached by machine.  The plan was to make 12 of these gingham quilts this year.  As usual I can't stick to a plan.  This is quilt #5 and it means I'm behind schedule.  I should have 7 finished.  I could play catch up but I think the homeless quilts are more important than me decorating my front porch.  I also had planned to finish UFO's this year.  So the gingham quilts will take a back seat to the homeless quilts.  I think I'll just keep making the charity quilts until I run out of franken batting then work on my UFO's so I can produce more batting scraps for charity quilts.


Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!






Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I love the yellow gingham quilt, she's so bright and cheery! I would actually use her in the winter because she's so bright and cheery. I don't know about the south of Indy area but up here in northern Indiana it's overcast, gray and bloomy most of the winter. A bright yellow gingham quilt would certainly cheer things up! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Yellow is my favorite color and this gingham quilt is just beautiful 💛 I've been finishing a lot of UFOs lately...I think I need to start something new 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is so sweet and sunny and I love gingham, too. Other charity quilts are wonderful but this is my favorite. Also, my favorite to keep!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...